Choosing the proper school for your child is one of the most important decisions you will make. Thank you for considering J.E. Cosgriff Memorial Catholic School. If you haven’t had a chance to tour our school please contact our Admissions Director, Heather Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a tour.
Entrance Age Eligibility per grade
We work hard daily towards the mission of our school—to guide our students to become respectful, responsible, and productive citizens through quality academic instruction that is grounded in Catholic teachings and tradition. With you as your child’s primary and most important teacher, we are here to help you build a solid foundation of academic and leadership success.
Must be 2 years old as of September 1 of the academic year
Must be 3 years old as of September 1 of the academic year
Must be 4 years old as of September 1 of the academic year
Must be 5 years old as of September 1 of the academic year for Kindergarten, etc.
Students are admitted according to the following priority
1. Current Students
2. Siblings of Current Students
3. Children of St. Ambrose parishioners
4. Children who are members of a Catholic parish
5. Children from non-Catholic families
It's our goal to make Catholic education a possibility for all families
It is our goal to make Catholic education a possibility for all families who want to attend. Need-based tuition assistance is available for qualifying families. Need is determined by the FACTS Grant and Aid program. Tuition assistance is then calculated on a family by family basis.
All families applying for tuition assistance must apply through FACTS. To apply for tuition assistance, complete the online application:
By law, every student in Grade K-8 must be immunized before entering school. Prior to entering Kindergarten at J.E. Cosgriff Memorial Catholic School, every student must have the following immunizations. The Catholic Schools Office recognizes only legitimate medical exemptions to these immunization requirements. Religious or personal objections to the immunization requirements are not recognized by J.E. Cosgriff Memorial Catholic School.
- 5 DPT/DTaP/DT (4 doses of DTaP, if 4th dose given on/after the 4th birthday; 3 doses of DT, if starting series after age 7 years with a single dose of Tdap preferred as the first dose)
- 4 Polio – 3 doses if 3rd dose was given on/after 4th birthday
- 2 Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- 3 Hepatitis B
- 2 Varicella (chickenpox) – history of chickenpox is OK: parent/guardian must sign verification statement on school immunization record
- 2 Hepatitis A
- (For 7th grade entrance) Tdap booster (Regardless of interval since the last tetanus/diphtheria containing vaccine) and Meningococcal
Students in our Preschool program, Toddler through Pre-K, are required to have their vaccines as outlined by the Utah Department of Health, Early Childhood Programs Immunizations Requirement. This includes:
- Hepatitis A & B
- Varicella (chickenpox)
- HIB Type B