October 12, 2015
Please read the following:
1. Parent-Teacher Conferences take place on Wednesday, October 21, from 3:45 to 8:00pm, and on October 22, from 12:45 to 8:00pm. (School dismissal will be at 12:15 on 10/22).
Conferences for students in grades seven and eight will be held in the school gym. Students with last names starting A-M are asked to meet, if possible, with teachers on Wednesday, Oct 21, and students with last names starting with N-Z are asked to attend on Oct. 22.
The most important thing is for all students and parents to attend the conferences. Parents who are divorced are asked to attend Parent Teacher Conference on the same day and time if possible, for information clarity, and as a matter of courtesy to the classroom teacher.
Please click on the following link to schedule your Parent-Teacher Conference:
Toddler, Preschool and Pre-K:
Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd:
3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th:
The end of the first quarter of school is October 14, and report cards go home on October 20.
The “Specials” teachers will be available in the gym during the following days and times:
Tara Cullen, (Art), October 21, 3:45 to 5:00pm
Zachary Downes, (Music and Band) October 21, 3:45 to 6:00pm and Oct, 22, 12:45 to 6:00pm
Chris Huntzinger, (7th religion, Choir) October 22, 1:00 to 3:00pm
Martina Gehrig, (6th religion, reading) Oct 21, 4:30 -6:00pm, Oct 22, 1:00-4:00pm
JoEllen Millard (Latin, 4th, 5th, 6th) Oct, 21, 3:45 -6:30pm, Oct 22, 12:45 – 4:00pm.
Sheri Ann Norlund, Oct 22, 12:45 – 3:15pm
Ana Tavera, (PreK – 3rd grade Spanish) Oct 21, 3:45 -7:00pm, Oct 22, 1:00-5:00pm
Nate Free (7th, 8th Spanish) Oct 21 and 22, 5:00 -8:00pm
Jyl Sorenson, (P.E. Pre-K- 8th grade) Oct 21, 4:30 – 7:00, Oct 22, 1:00 – 4:30pm
2. Thank you to the many parents, faculty and students who worked so hard to put on a fabulous Grandparent Brunch. Hopefully, it was a very enjoyable day for many of our grandparents and friends.
3. The middle school students were victorious, yesterday; when they defeated the faculty in a game of softball. It was a great afternoon of fun and cheering for both teams. Thank you to the parent umpires and coaches, in addition to faculty and students who played softball to raise money for the October community service project–Family Promise.
4. Trivia Night is Friday, November 13. Parents form teams and attempt to answer trivia questions correctly to win first prize!! Trivia Night has become a tradition and all parents and friends of Cosgriff are welcome to bring their own dinner/spirits and enjoy a fun and competitive evening.
Tickets may purchased on line at: https://cosgriff.ejoinme.org/MyEvents/TriviaNight2015/tabid/711258/Default.aspx
Contact Nikki Whye with questions about joining a table at Trivia Night.
5. The Fall Family Festival will take place on Saturday, October 24, from 6:00 to 9:00pm in the social center .Once again, our most kind hearted, Heather Simonson will chair this fun family event. She is in great need of parent and older student volunteers, to set up on 10/23, work during the festival and to help with clean-up at 9:00pm. Please go to http://vols.pt/sEUJfT to sign up for a volunteer spot at the Fall Family Festival.
6. The annual Kings English/Cosgriff book fair will take place October 19-25. The popular Book Talk for parents, grandparents, and friends of Cosgriff School will kick off the book sale, so save October 19, at 6:30pm to enjoy a great presentation, cheese and wine as well as the opportunity to purchase your holiday gifts. Mrs. Jennifer Shrum, librarian is in need of several volunteers to work at the Book Fair. Please go to http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d4fa8aa2ea1f94-book2 to sign up for a shift or two. Questions–just email Mrs. Shrum firstname.lastname@example.org
7. As you begin your holiday shopping please consider using Amazon Smile. J.E. Cosgriff/St. Ambrose receive a monetary share from all purchases. Go to the following link to shop Amazon Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/
Mrs. Hunt, Principal
Archive Letters 2015-2016: