Principal’s Letter for Monday, May 2, 2016
Please read the following important messages:
Cosgriff Families and Friends, plan on attending the “Fine Art Celebration,” on Thursday, May 12, beginning in St. Ambrose Church at 7;00pm
1. Please attend the HSA meeting tonight at 7:00pm, in the school library. A special word of appreciation goes to Kerry Hankins for her hard work, extra effort and service as HSA President, during the 2015-16 school year.
2. HAPPY TEACHER/STAFF APPRECIATION WEEK!!
This is a special week at Cosgriff School. Please take a moment to express your personal gratitude to our hard working faculty and staff; either in person or drop a note off in the office which will be placed in their classroom “gratitude jar.”
3. Congratulations to all second grade students who received their First Holy Communion, on Sunday, May 1st at St. Ambrose and other communicants at their respective parishes. This was a very special and holy occasion for students, parents, grandparents, teachers and friends. A special thank-you to all parents, Fr. Andrzej, Debbie Hogan Sam Weyher, Courtney Sebahar, Charity Van Marren, Tammie Cleverly, Cynthia Burchett, and Sue Patillo for preparing the second grade students to receive the blessed sacraments of Reconciliation and Holy Eucharist.
Thank you to the parents of our first grade students for organizing a special reception for the First Communicants and their families.
4. The sacrament of Confirmation for many of our eighth grade students will take place on Thursday, May 5, at 7:00pm in St. Ambrose church. All families, teachers and parishioners are welcome to attend in support of our eighth grade students.
5. Registration for the 2016-17 school year is officially over, Please contact Maggie Kearns, Admissions Director if you have not registered your child for next year by Friday, May 6, or made other arrangements. Afterwards, the administration will assume that your child will be attending another school in fall 2016.
6. GRATITUDE—CHRISTIAN VIRTUE FOR MAY 2016
The word Gratitude is adapted from the Latin word -Gratitudinem which means thankfulness. Gratitude is the deep reciprocal appreciation for kindness received. The Christian expression of gratitude is fully realized when we share our God given talents in turn to create a better world.
7. The community service project which the Cosgriff Student Leadership Council has chosen to support for May 2016 along with other St. Ambrose parishioners is a “Baby Shower”for the Crossroads Urban Center.Specific baby items are greatly needed year round for babies of single, homeless mothers.
Donate the following item until the last day of school, May 27, 2016. Please place donations in front of the school office.
Bottled baby food
Disposable diapers, all sizes including pull-ups
3 pack, 9oz. baby bottles.
Baby shampoo, lotion and sunscreen
Students may wear nice “Free Dress” on Wednesday, May 11, with a donation of three baby items from above or $5.00.
8. Fourth Annual Tiger Trot, Sunday, May 22, at Sugarhouse Park
Register by Friday, May 6, to receive a sport-tek Tiger T-shirt. Festivities will begin at 9:00am with warm-ups and stretching. There will be a 1K and a timed 5K, followed by refreshments from Saturday’s Waffles, awards and acoustic music from Trenton McKean Registration fee-Adults $25.00, Child $15.00 Family of four-$60.00
Sponsorships for the Tiger Trot are needed, Please Help!!
Thank-you Wasatch Pediatrics — a Supporter Sponsor
To register and /or sponsor, please visit:
9. All students are invited to participate in the “Christ the King Youth Track Meet.” on Saturday, May 14, 9:00 am to 12:00 noon at Judge Memorial Catholic High School. See www.cosgriff.orgfor more details.
10. Congratulations to the following former Cosgriff students for their election to the Student Council at Judge Memorial Catholic High School for the 2016-17 school year.
Will Ryan, Student Body President
Isabella Dodson and Tommy Walz, Junior Core Officers
Johnny Walz, Sophomore Core Officer.
11. There are a few openings for the 2016-17 school year at Cosgriff School. Please reach out and share this information with your friends and others who have expressed an interest in learning more about J.E.Cosgriff School.
Toddler (2 and 3 yr old)
Pre-School (3 and 4 yr. old)
12. A special THANK-YOU to all students, parents and friends of Cosgriff for supporting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS) community service project during the month of April. The “Book Grab” and “Free Dress” day together brought in over $3750.00 for this important cancer fighting organization. This incredible donation will be used to help with cancer treatment, research and family support. A special word of gratitude from Jason and Kristin Cowan for your generosity and support.
Betsy Hunt, Principal
Archive Letters 2015-2016: