December 15, 2014
Please read the following important announcements:
A special THANK-YOU to Mr. Chris Huntzinger, Mr. David Asman, Mr.Tom Harris, Mrs. Susan Carter and all classroom teachers for their time, creativity and hard work to produce the annual Christmas Program once again this year. Also, much appreciation goes to you, the parents, for your support and patience with costumes, props and rehearsals.
1. The last day to donate clothing for St. Patrick’s Parish and supplies for the Humane Society is Thursday, December 18. A delivery will be made to these two organizations, In addition a $300.00 check will be sent to the Humane Society in support of this important service for animals. Refer to http://cosgriff.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/SERVICE-PROJECTS-DECEMBER-2014.pdf for a list of needed items.
2. If at all possible, please donate a Smith’s card to the school office by Dec 18, These gift cards will be given to some school and parish families to help with food, Christmas gifts and other household necessities. Thank you!
3. The all school mass will be Wednesday, December 17, at 8:30am. FORMAL DRESS is required that day. (No formal dress on Friday, December 19)
4. This is final exam week for several classes at Cosgriff. Please make sure your child keeps a learning attitude and has time to prepare for the end of the quarter responsibilities.
5. Homework club will take place on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. It will resume the regular Mon-Thurs schedule the week of January 5th.
6. The Christmas Program CD will be available for pick-up in the school office tomorrow, Dec, 16th.
7. Just as the the New Year begins, we will host our two “Open Houses” for the 2015-16 school year. Please make note of the following dates and time and invite all prospective students and parent. Word of mouth has been the best form of advertising for J.E. Cosgriff School enrollment.
Thank you for your support!
Sunday, January 11, 2015, 12:00 to 2:00pm, in the school library
Wednesday, January, 28, 2015, 7:00-8;30pm in the school library
8. Come experience Mardi Gras ’15. . . Silent and Live auction. . . New this year is a sit-down three course plated dinner!! General admission tickets are on sale now for $65 until December 31. Want a reserved table for dinner? Get a group of ten together and purchase Cubhouse tickets for $100 per person or purchase a Tiger Table for your company for $1000. There’s something for everyone! Please go to MARDI GRAS 2015 for more information.
9. Fr. Andrzej would like to invite all families to the Christmas Carol Service on December 21, 2014. It starts at 6:00 pm in the church parking lot with a cup of hot chocolate, provided by the boy scouts. The carol service prayer and singing will begin at 6:30pm.
10. Since the beginning of basketball practice this year, we have had a continuous problem with the hall lights being left on and the outside gym door left unlocked or ajar after practice times. As we move forward with the season, all basketball players, siblings, parents etc. are asked to enter and exit the gym from the outside gym door and stay out of the school hall on practice days.In other words,the school hall will not be an available waiting area or a place for players to wait or siblings to play. The entrance door to the hall from the gym is to be opened only for evacuation or an emergency. If you witness an individual or team acting in a destructive manner with equipment, restrooms, light fixtures etc… in the gym, please report this immediately to Mrs. Hunt, firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for protecting our aging,delicate school and using it in a respectful manner.
11. The Christmas vacation begins on after school on Friday, December 19, and school resumes on Monday, January 5, 2015
Wishing you a relaxing and joyful Christmas and God bless throughout the new year.
Mrs. Hunt, Principal
Archive Letters 2014-2015: