March 2, 2015
Please read the following important announcements:
1) The HSA meeting is tonight at 7:00pm in the school library.
The Cosgriff Board Meeting is Wednesday, March 4, at 6:30pm in the library.
2) Parent-Teacher conferences are March 11, 3:45 to 7;00pm and March 12, 12:45 to 7:00pm. Sign up right away for an appointment if your child is toddler thru 6th grade. Parents of 7th and 8th grade students will meet in the gym at your time of choice. Go to http://cosgriff.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Parent-Teacher-Links.pdf to sign up.
3) After all expenses were paid, the 2015 Mardi Gras netted approximately $200,000.00. This is a remarkable profit for a humble Catholic elementary school. Thanks to the hard work and effort of a strong auction committee and a dedicated group of supporters. Below is our fund-raising barometer for the total amount of money raised so far during the 2014-15 school year.
A special thank-you to the many parents, grandparents and friends who faithfully support the Mardi Gras, Trivia Night, Golf Tournament, SCRIP, Annual Appeal, Innisbrook and the many other activities designed to raise money in support of the school. All these generous donations add up to help purchase text books, replace old pipes and a furnace, rewire internet cables, purchase classroom carpet and tile, and re-coat the gym floor to name a few. An older school is in need of constant repair and maintenance to pass safety inspection.
4) Please look for a “rough draft” 2015-16 calendar in next week’s principal letter.
5) Save the dates for Cosgriff Summer Camp –June 1 thru June 25, Monday thru Thursday, 9;00 to 12:00noon. Watch for the weekly theme packet and registration form on the Cosgriff web page.
6) The “Pizza Studio” in Foothill Village has agreed to sponsor a special lunch/dinner night for Cosgriff families on Thursday, March 12, from 12:30pm to 9;00pm.
“Pizza Studio” will donate 40% of all proceeds back to Cosgriff School.
Go to http://cosgriff.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Pizza-Studio.jpg for the flyer.
7) The Christian virtue which students will discuss and learn more about is Justice/Social Justice. We spoke about Justice in December and this month the emphasis is on Social Justice. We will help students observe a broader scope of need as we define social justice as fairness, equality and caring for those who may live in another country and in West Salt Lake. Student will be asked to take action and support Project Head Start. The mission of Head Start is to provide health, education and promote self-sufficiency for children and families facing adversity and poverty. Go to Project Head Start to learn about items to donate and other ways to help the Head Start pre- school.
All students have also been given a Catholic Relief Service rice bowl to fill with pennies, dimes, dollars etc.. Go to CRS LENTEN RICE BOWL to understand how your child’s donation will help families in Africa. (Please return filled rice bowl on April 17–thank-you)
8) The enthusiastic St. Patrick’s Day float committee is still in need of creative ideas and more man power to build the float. Call or email Cathy Romero (801-870-6820, (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are available to help with the float. The parade is March 14 at 10:00am.
Betsy Hunt, Principal
Archive Letters 2014-2015: