March 30, 2015
Parents, Please read the following important information.
Spring vacation begins on Thursday, April 2, 2015 and school resumes on Monday, April 13, 2015. On Wednesday, April 1, school ends at 3:15pm. There will not be home work club on Wednesday 4/1/15.
1) Student Safety is the most important concern each day at J.E. Cosgriff School. Unfortunately, every school door except the front door is used continuously as a source of entry for parents and other visitors who must pick up a student or take care of other business during the school day. If you visit during the day, please enter through the front door on Nevada Street. If someone inquires about entering the school, please direct them to the front door (southeast door on Nevada St). Your child will be reminded in school tomorrow NOT to open a door for anyone during the school day.
There will soon be a sign in place in the front of the school stating ten minute, visitor/bus parking 8:30am to 3:30pm. This sign will make it more convenient for parents to drop off and pick up a child during the school day using the proper school entrance.
Teachers have been directed to escort all students to the west church parking lot after school. You are welcome to park in front of the school, just walk around and pick up your child as he/she will be supervised by teachers during pick-up at the end of the day until you get there. If you arrive later than 3:25pm there is a good chance that your child has been escorted to extended day care.
Thank you for helping to keep J.E.Cosgriff a safe school.
2) Please join the students for Stations of the Cross on Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 8:30am in the church.
3) There will be an HSA meeting on Monday, April 13 at 7:00pm in the library.
4) Congratulations are in order for Mr. Jim Larson and twelve seventh and eighth grade students who left with honors after competing in the Salt Lake Valley Science and Engineering Fair on March 23rd.
Congratulations to the following:
Cellular & Molecular Biology–1st Place Isabella DiNardo
Cellular & Molecular Biology–2nd Place Constance Viollet
Chemistry–1st Place Christopher Clyne
Chemistry–2nd Place Olivia Rollman
Engineering: Materials & Civil Engineering–1st Place Anna Drossos
Engineering: Materials & Civil Engineering–2nd Place Jack Shuckra
Environmental Management–1st Place Sante Di Sera
Environmental Sciences-3rd Place Lindsey Holly
Microbiology–3rd Place Claire Bruggers
Physics & Astronomy–2nd Place Hailey Warden
Special award from the National Center for Women & Informational Technology – Christina Valentine
Special Award recognition from the American Society of Civil Engineers- Michael Romero
Four 1st place, four 2nd place and two 3rd place category finishes
Broadcom MASTERS™ award winners finished in the top 15 of 188 junior division projects in the fair that advanced to the regional fair from district fairs in the Salt Lake, Tooele, Granite, Park City, Murray School Districts, Charter and the Catholic Diocesan Schools
Christopher, Anna and Hailey will advance to compete in the Broadcom MASTERS™ national science fair competition for an opportunity to present their projects in Washington, DC and earn $25,000 in scholarships
5) Congratulations to Mrs. Marsha Newman upon receiving a prestigious award on March 27th. Mrs. Newman was one of four finalist in the state of Utah to be nominated for the Presidential Award of Excellence in Mathematics. Her application and video will be sent to Washington D.C. for the final phase of competition. Good Luck Mrs. Newman!!
6) Thank you for your support in the Love Utah Give Utah. $1070.00 was raised for Cosgriff School.
7) It is not too early to be thinking about our annual “Bad in Plaid” golf tournament which will be held on September 11, 2015. Please read the attached message from Robb Farr, Chairperson and help in some way to ensure a fun and successful first of the year fund raiser. The next committee meeting is Monday April 20, 2015 after drop off in the school library. Please join us!
8) Please join the third annual “Tiger Trot” on Sunday, May 24th at Sugarhouse Park. Festivities begin at 9:00am with warm up and stretching.There will be a 1K run and timed 5K run followed by refreshments, awards and acoustic music. All trotters who have registered by Friday, May 8th will receive a moisture-tek Tiger Trot t-shirt.
9. Project Head Start service project dead line is April 1, 2015. This is the last week to donate children’s book, learning tools such as pencils, crayons, note books, manipulative blocks, numbers, letters, and necessities–pampers, clothing and money in support of Project Head Start Pre-school. Thank you for your support.
A Happy Blessed Easter to all J.E.Cosgriff families.
Mrs. Hunt, Principal
Archive Letters 2014-2015: