Principal’s Letter, Monday February 8, 2016
Last week hit the top of the list for student recognition and fund raising success. Please note the following:
1) Several seventh and eighth grade students competed in the diocesan science fair competition on Saturday, February 6th. Once again, Mr. Jim Larson’s students made an excellent showing received multiple awards including the overall Best Scientist award won by Jack Shuckra in eighth grade.
Much gratitude must be extended to Mr. Larson for his excellent science and math instruction. Also, Mr. Larson’s care and concern for each student’s academic progress and learning opportunity with the creation and presentation of each science fair project. Thank-You
Proper and strong writing and research skills, reading mastery, science, math and public speaking knowledge and skills are an accumulation of years of learning and practice. A word of appreciation to all teachers at Cosgriff school who work diligently to teach the core standards in preparation for this very special project opportunity. All deserve to be so proud of the accomplishments of our seventh and eighth grade students.
Click on the following link for the Cosgriff and Diocesan Awards:
2) The 2016 Mardi Gras was a tremendous success again this year. Marnie Andrews, chair and Erin Freeman, co-chair organized an unbelievable party for close to 400 people–including cocktails, silent auction, dinner, live auction and of course, dancing. This event takes months of planning and soliciting items for the auction. Thank you for your dedication and hard work.
A special thank-you to the following:
**Event Production and decorations–Cornerstone Show Foundation, Jesse Carrillo
**The Grandparent “Gold Club”–Wine grab and syndicate dinner raffle.
**Zach Downes–Fabulous dance music for all to enjoy
Many, many more parent and teacher volunteers helped with set-up, check-in, check-out and ticket sales throughout the evening please see the following link of the Mardi Gras 2016 Committee: 2016 Mardi Gras Committee THANK YOU
3) Wednesday, February 10, 2016 is Ash Wednesday. Student will be attending mass at 9:00am and will need to wear FORMAL DRESS to school. We will not have mass on Friday, February 12, therefore, students do not need to wear formal dress that day.
4) Monday, February 15 is President’s Day, a national holiday, there will be not school that day
5) As promised, students may wear a spirit top to school tomorrow on “Fat Tuesday,” because opportunity ticket sales reached over 10,000…as of Feb 5. Thank you to all families who were able to support this student fund raising effort.
6) Community Action League of Cosgriff (CALC) is excited to offer a spring family volunteer opportunity. March 5,6,,11, two hour shifts for groups of 15 persons have been reserved at the Good Samaritan Program at the Cathedral of the Madeleine. School age students are welcome to volunteer with parents or other supervising adults. The service projects require volunteers to make sack lunches and distribute them at the Good Samaritan house during the day.. Thank-You in advance for making a positive difference in our community. Click on the following link to sign up: https://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/4547147820127
Betsy Hunt, Principal
Archive Letters 2015-2016: