Monday Letter From Mrs. Hunt, 5/23/16
Please read the following important letter regarding activities, events and dress code for the last week of the 2015-16 school year.
**Monday, 5/23– Mardi Gras, information and committee description and sign-up meeting in the library at 7:00pm. Please attend to find out more about this important fundraiser.
**Thursday, 5/26–Field Day, students may wear a “Spirit” top with uniform shorts.
**Friday, 5/27–FORMAL DRESS required. Honor Assembly at 10:30am in St. Ambrose Church kindergarten-seventh grade.
**Farewell Reception for Mrs. Romero, Mrs. Brown and Mr. McFarlane on the north lawn at 12:15pm, right after dismissal
1. Summer School begins on Monday, June 6, please sign up right away for ages pre-school thru eighth grade. Middle school literature groups also begin on June 6. See www.cosgriff.orgfor more information.
2. Student may purchase an opportunity ticket for a summer “FUN” basket and support the Crossroad Urban Center’s need for baby items to help young and homeless mothers. Tickets are $2.00 each or students may bring in two needed baby items such as diapers, wipes, formula, baby food. The drawing will be May 26.
3. A great day for a Tiger Trot!! The Tiger Trot was a great success, once again this year. Congratulations to our top student runners. 1st place, Christian Vasquez, 7th grade, 2nd place, Marco Crosswhite, 5th grade.
Much gratitude goes to Nikki Whye,Jeff Shuckra, Monte Still, Sarah Boyle and Brett Allen for organizing this fabulous, and healthy family activity.
4. JUST FOR THE RECORD: The eighth grade graduation ceremony and reception were most memorable for all who attended on Friday, May 20, A special thank-you to Mrs. Cindy Hunt, eighth grade homeroom teacher. She worked very hard to organize meaningful activities for the students, prepared them for the graduation ceremony, facilitated community service hours and supported both students and parents through this exciting and emotional week of laughter and tears.
Sincere appreciation goes to Robin Harmston for her most creative and fabulous decoration at the graduation reception venue. Also, Mr. Michael Hilton once again prepared a gourmet meal for graduates and their families. We continue to take pride in our J.E.Cosgriff eighth grade graduation traditions.
5. Girl Scout Silver Award Service Project;
Taylor Liddle and Alyssa Bardugon, Cosgriff Girl Scouts are asking for all students to donate new or used school supplies any time this week . Special bins have been placed outside each classroom for your donations. All items will be donated to “The Dream Center,” a refugee support center in Salt Lake City.
6. Room parents are greatly needed for every grade–toddler thru seventh grade, for the 2016-17 school year. Please send a message to Mrs. Hunt, Principal, right away if you are interested in this volunteer position and/or have questions about the job description or commitment. firstname.lastname@example.org 801-486-6933. Your help is greatly needed!!
7. Fortunately, each year we have new students who enter Cosgriff School on all grade levels. It is important that these families feel welcome and clear regarding student and parent expectations and activities, meetings, school uniforms and weekly schedules. Please contact Sarah Farr if you would like to mentor or support a new school family
8. Go to www.cosgriff.org under quick links for the August/September and entire 2016-2017 calendar for your reference when making vacation plans and road trips for the 2016-17 school year. Please try to line up student absences (other than illness) with our scheduled vacation days.
Thank you, have a safe and happy summer,
Betsy Hunt, Principal
Archive Letters 2015-2016: