Monday letter from Mrs. Hunt 11/24/14
Please read the following:
1. Thank you to all parents, students and teachers for providing and assembling boxes of food and gift cards for forty five families, who will hopefully enjoy a special dinner on Thanksgiving day. Fr. Gally from St. Patrick’s parish expressed his gratitude to all of you for your generosity and compassion toward others.
2. J.E.Cosgriff students will share a short Advent prayer and song in the gym, right after drop off on Dec 1,8 and 15. It has been a tradition that middle school students read a short prayer as we celebrate the season of advent.
3. Please make an effort to leave your home a few minutes earlier, especially in the snowy weather. Students in 6,7 and 8th grade start their day at exactly 8:10am. Students in kindergarten thru 5th grade begin at 8;15am. It is important that your child be here and ready to walk in the school with his/her classmates when the first bell rings. On snowy or very cold days, students will line up just inside the school by the gym. If your child is dropped off in the morning earlier than 7:55 or 8;00am, he/she should check in to extended day, as there is not adult supervision outside the school until shortly after 8:00am.
4. Teachers arrive at school at least 30 minutes before the school day starts. On some occasions teachers conduct parent conferences before school. Teachers spend most mornings making last minute preparations for the day. Please make sure you contact the classroom teacher in advance by email or telephone to set up an appointment before or immediately after school as opposed to stopping by the classroom as the school day is about to begin. The teacher will be much more prepared and ready for your visit with some prior notice.
5. Thank-you to parents from the third grade class for a delicious faculty lunch on November 18. It is always such a compliment to be treated so special.
6. Now is the time to start thinking about Cosgriff’s Ski & Ride program. Go to http://cosgriff.org/students/extracurricular/ for all the information.
I am always very thankful to know and care for the wonderful children who attend J.E. Cosgriff School, for their dedicated and hard working parents. I am also very grateful to work along side the finest most dedicated faculty and staff in Utah.
Mrs. Hunt, Principal
Archive Letters 2014-2015: