April 20, 2015
Please read the following:
Please expect to receive student progress reports on Thursday, April 23. There is very little time left in the school year, and it is very important for students to maintain focus and effort with all subject requirements.
1) Student registration packets for the 2015-16 school year have gone home with the only or oldest student who will attend Cosgriff next year. Please go on line at http://goo.gl/3QtJZP to make a short 10 minute registration appointment with Maggie Kearns, Admissions Director, to complete registration and turn in your packet for next year. You must fill out the registration form on line at http://goo.gl/3B7PJo BEFORE you come to your in-person registration.
The cost difference between the regular tuition and the Catholic rate is $1,255.00. Please consider voluntarily paying the regular tuition rate, even if eligible for the Catholic rate. The tax deductible amount would make a significant impact toward meeting our budgetary needs and funding our programs.
2) Congratulations to Mrs. Suzanne Lacombe and the incredible cast of “Fiddler On The Roof.” After many months of rehearsal, the acting and singing were superb with an outstanding performance of this classic play. Much appreciation goes to student directors and stage crew helpers, Mrs. Robin Harmston, for her creative set design and construction, Holly Isaac for choreography and dance instruction, Sarah Boyle for advertising, Mr Huntzinger and Mrs Asman for assistance with vocal and music accompaniment, and many supportive parents who worked back stage helped with costumes and props and provided meals for the hungry cast and crew. Thank you and Bravo!!
3) The summer camp packet for all students is on line at the Cosgriff homepage at www.cosgriff.org or pick one up in the school office. Some parents will be receiving a letter this week to request a student’s attendance at summer camp or sometime during the 9:00am to 12:00 time period, in order to receive more explicit instruction in reading and/or math. It is very beneficial for students to receive additional academic support along with the fun of summer camp.
4) Our second grade class will receive First Communion (Holy Eucharist) on Sunday April 26, 2015 at the 11:00am mass. All families are invited to mass and a short reception to follow. Fourth, fifth and sixth grade choir members are needed to sing for this special mass.
5) Track Club began last week. There was a great turn out for the first week. In fact,Tuesday – Thursday kindergarten-second grade practice would greatly benefit from a few more parent volunteers to assist with group activities in order to maintain smaller groups of children. It is not too late to sign up for track. Go to the home page of the Cosgriff web site at http://cosgriff.org/ for registration.
6) Pre-School Day activity day for students in our 3/4’s preschool and parents is Wednesday, April 22, from 1:30 to 3:00pm.
RSVP Mrs. Austin. email@example.com
7) The Student Leadership Council will host a bake sale this week in support of the “Grow Good” Salvation Army garden project (see Principal’s letter from 4/13/15 for full description)
Donuts will be sold for .50 cents each and cookies 2 for .50 cents.
8) PLEASE PLAN TO PURCHASE SCRIP FOR TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK! Cards will be gifted to teachers during Teacher Appreciation Week, May 11-15. Beginning tomorrow, SCRIP cards will be available for advance purchase at the SCRIP table before school school and in the office during the school day. Just add $10.00 to your total and the cards will be delivered to the Teacher Appreciation coordinator.–no extra steps for you, Your support is much appreciated.
9) The main furnace in the original J.E. Cosgriff School was built in 1947 and installed in the school in 1957. It will need replaced very soon. If you know of a excellent, reliable, fair, furnace company who may be interested in bidding on this project, please call or email the school administration right away. Mrs. Hunt–801-486-6933, firstname.lastname@example.org.
10) Former graduates from Judge High School who are home from college during the summer have inquired about possible child care and other job opportunities for the summer months. If you are in need of summer child care etc… please email Mrs. Hunt right away. email@example.com
Betsy Hunt, Principal
Archive Letters 2014-2015: