August 31, 2015
Please read the following:
1) Congratulations to the new Student Leadership Council for the 2015-16 school year. Hailey Warden, President, Ella Kittrell, Maggie Harmston, Sam Butcher, Gus Daskalakis, and Annette Rooney.
2) Homework Club begins today, in the library from 3:20 to 4:15pm. Students in grades three through eight may attend this extra study period four days per week, Monday thru Thursday. Two faculty members will assist students and offer support with academic questions and study tips. Students who attend homework club must maintain a serious attitude and utilize the entire hour with study or leisure reading upon completion of assignments. Support with Spanish assignments will be available on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Latin support will be available on Wednesday.
Please know that pick-up from homework club is exactly at 4:15pm in the church parking lot by the gym. Students scheduled for Extended Day will be escorted to that location.
Students are not required to pay an extra fee to attend homework club. It is important to note that this is an individual or small group study period with little or no tolerance for visiting or play. Students are expected to behave appropriately or they will lose the privilege of attending Homework Club.
3) Mrs. Norlund’s Website Design Class begins Wednesday, September 2, from 3:15 to 5:00pm for studetnts in grades five through eight. It is an eight week course and the fee is $125.00. Registration forms are available in the front office and in the computer lab on the first day of class. Email Mrs.Norlund with questions. email@example.com or go to http://cosgriff.org/students/activities/
4) As many of you have noticed, the parking lot is quite congested right after school. Please remember the following to maintain student safety:
5) Granite School District has an opening for a cafeteria helper at Cosgriff School. The pay is $9.25 per hour, from 9:00am to 1:00pm, Monday thru Friday. Inquire at www.graniteschools.org/foodservices/jobs.
6) The “Musical Instrument Fair” is tomorrow, September 1, 2015 at 6:00pm in the gym. Students in grades four through eight interested in knowing more about the school band and the choice of instruments they could play are invited to the fair. Please stop by to learn more about several musical instruments and the school band.
7) Mrs.Lacombe is excited to offer drama club again this year for students in grades five through seven. She is requesting that students who plan on trying out for a part in the play, keep Thursday after school open for rehearsals. Watch for try outs in September.
8) If you know of a very responsible high school or college students who may be interested in caring for a little two year old two nights per week, please email or call Mrs. Hunt right away. A school family is in need of this service. firstname.lastname@example.org 801-486-6933.
9) If you are planning to utilize the Extended Day Program you must complete a new registration form.
Families that have not completed a EDP registration form for the 2015-16 school year will pay a higher hourly rate until the form is received. You may print a registration form from the J. E. Cosgriff website at http://cosgriff.org/about-j-e-cosgriff/extended-day-program/ , pick one up from the school office or EDP. The registration fee is per student, please make your check payable to “Cosgriff EDP”. Your registration form and check can be returned to the school office or taken directly to EDP in the Vaughan Center.
Parents please remember the playground after school, is reserved for the Extended Day Program.
If you would like further information about the Extended Day Program please go to the J.E. Cosgriff website, You can also contact the EDP Director, Tammie Cleverly at email@example.com. the direct phone number to EDP is 801-484-8905.
10) Cub Scout Pack 3202 – Calling all boys 1st grade through 5th grade! – Come be a part of a dynamic, thriving, and exciting Cub Scout Pack. The St. Ambrose/Cosgriff Cub Scout Pack is recruiting new cub scouts for the new Academic Year. The kick-off Pack Meeting will be held Tuesday, September 8th at 6:30pm in the St. Ambrose Social Hall (subsequent Pack Meetings occur on the 2nd Monday of each month). This is a great opportunity to learn about the advantage of scouting. For more information, contact Scott McAward, Cubmaster, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-808-2083. Hope to see you there!
Mrs. Hunt, Principal
Archive Letters 2015-2016: