September 19, 2016
Please read the following important announcements:
1. Progress reports were sent home on Thursday, September 15. Hopefully, you have found time to have a discussion with your child regarding his/her academic progress with regard to classroom performance, homework, and tests, as well as his/her conduct in all subjects including “Specials” classes. Please work with your child to set high and realistic goals for the remainder of the first quarter of school, ending on October 13, including completing all homework assignments and turning them in on time, or in a timely manner if absent. Please help your child keep a strong focus on the importance of school attendance, effort, performance and positive attitude.
2. Homework Club is available Monday through Thursday 3:20 to 4:15pm, for students in fourth through eighth grade. Ms. Gehrig, Mrs. Jenkins, Ms. Frei coordinate Homework Club. Students are invited to ask questions, complete assignments, and prepare for test during this “Bonus” study period at the end of the day.
3. The Student Leadership Council would like to invite all Cosgriff Families to their community service softball game in support of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), commonly called Lou Gehrig’s disease. This treacherous disease causes muscle weakness, paralysis, and ultimately, respiratory failure. The seventh and eighth grade students will challenge the faculty to a softball game on Sunday, September 25, from 1:00 to 3:00pm, at Herman Franks Field, 1371 South 700 East. The Student Council will sell snacks, hot dogs, water and soda. Please come for fun and to support this important cause and of course your favorite team!
4. Gather your team of ten and join us for Trivia Night, Friday, November 4th at 5:30 PM, in the Church Social Hall. Admission: $25.00 per person. Bring food (not dessert) and drinks (alcohol is OK) to share with your table. Please join us for this annual event. Go to www.cosgriff.org for more information.
5. Watch for a Parent Survey on Thursday, September 22, in support of our 2016-17 Accreditation process. Please fill it out and just send as directed. Thank you in advance for your participation.
Mrs. Hunt, Principal