May 20, 2013
Schedule for May 20-30
May 20 Parish Council meeting 7:00pm
May 22 8th grade Farewell Mass 9:00am Formal Dress
May 23 Faculty/8th grade volleyball game 8:30am
8th grade community service
May 24 8th grade Graduation 7:00pm with reception to follow
May 27 Memorial Day No School
May 28 Field Day-students should wear “Spirit” top and uniform shorts, sun hat and sun screen
May 30 Last day of school – Honor Assembly 10:30am in the church-dismissal at 12:15pm Dress Uniform
June 3-27 Summer School
- Be sure to register your child(ren) for Summer Camp and Tutoring; which will be held June 3-27. Sign up for select weeks or every week! It is important to get your registration forms in so we have the appropriate staff in place when Summer Camp/Tutoring begins. Download a registration from the Cosgriff website.
- Click here to view and download the updated school calendar for 2013-2014.
- Wow, what a fabulous “Teacher Appreciation Week”. Thank you to Marnie Andrews and Sherrie Wright and their team, and the many generous parents for providing delicious meals, special gift surprises and gift cards! Also, thank you to the first grade parents for a wonderful faculty lunch!
- Fine Arts
Congratulations to Mr. Asman, Mr. Huntzinger and several Cosgriff students for an outstanding Choir/Band performance on May 16. All who attended enjoyed the well rehearsed music and song performance.
After the performance Mrs. Cullen, our art teacher, invited the audience to take a stroll through the Cosgriff Art Gallery. The main halls of the school were lined with a collection of art on display from students in Kindergarten through 8th grade.
Thank you to Mr. Asman, Mr. Huntzinger and Mrs. Cullen for inspiring our students to feel confident with self expression and performance through the arts. Please take a stroll down the halls before May 29.
- The first “Tiger Trot” fun run was a great success and enjoyed by many who ran/walked the 5K and 1K run and visited over refreshments. A special thank you to our expert organizer, Nikki Whye, and her committee: Sarah Boyle, Brett Allen, Rachael Hunt, Monte Still and the many other parents who helped. In addition, much appreciation goes to our “Tiger Trot” sponsors: Standard Optical, Great Harvest, Starbucks, Fresh Market, Dan’s Food and Sports AM.
- Please look for a letter from Father Andrzej regarding our implementation of weekly mass next year. The administration realizes that for some parents it is a welcome change and the opportunity to strengthen our Catholic identity. Other families may not deem it necessary as students participate daily in comprehensive studies of the Catholic religion and attend Sunday Mass. We will all offer our best effort to make it a positive and meaningful change. Thank you for your support with the Friday Mass and extension of the school day until 1:15pm.
- To all families purchasing SCRIP: your minimum of $2250 should be purchased by this Friday, 24 May. If you need to determine your balance, please email Kristin Cowan at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain access to your balance information.
- Please turn in your Fresh Market and Dan’s Foods receipts for final tallying for the school year. This year Dan’s is giving a bonus to the area school with the most receipts, so we want to try to win that bonus. Please continue to turn in those receipts, Box Tops and Campbell’s UPC codes throughout the school year and summer months. Drop off boxes are available in the Gathering Space in the church and at the school in a bin next to the office. No need to separate. We’ll do it!!
- Click here for information regarding the King’s English Summer Book Group.
Thank you for your continued support!