December Order Form
November Lunch Form
Lunch and Recess Schedule
The first day of school is drawing closer and this letter is to inform you of the new school lunch program for the 2017-18 school year.
- Cosgriff School was notified in June that Granite School District would no longer be able to serve lunches to our students as the school was not located in Granite District. During the summer, extensive research was done to find another lunch program. Two popular programs, Flik and Sage were very expensive options requiring all students to pay an additional $1500.00 per year for the chef, food, service etc. Other individual vendors such as Costa Vida, Subway, Chic-Fil-A were contacted to inquire about delivery of lunches one day per week. Salt Lake District, Jordan, Davis County, Head Start and the Utah State lunch program were also researched and evaluated.
- Murray District has kindly agreed to provide lunch for the students at Cosgriff School five days per week. For the first few months, students will have only one choice for the main course, with fresh or canned fruit, a vegetable, and 1% white milk or non-fat chocolate milk. The price for a lunch plus milk will be $2.75, for pre-school thru eighth grade including faculty and staff. Students may choose to order a few meals per month, lunch every day, just milk every day or bring a lunch from home. Please know that an effort has been made to support families who depend on a school lunch over the course of the year. Murray lunches are peanut free, but not gluten free and there will not be a free or reduced lunch rate option for students.
- Cosgriff and Murray School district have agreed upon a simple yet timely lunch order and payment system. The lunch calendar/order form for September is attached to this letter for your review and selection. A hard copy of the calendar will be given to students and will also be available to download on the Cosgriff web page each month. (www.cosgriff.org) The completed lunch calendar/order form, along with a check made out to Murray School district must be placed in a special “lunch order mail box” located right outside of the school office BY THE 25TH OF EACH MONTH for the next month’s lunches. LATE ORDERS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES AS DIRECTED BY MURRAY DISTRICT. The lunch order forms must be filled out for each member of the family. It is not a group form.
- Deborah Holly will direct the lunch program and be present each day to check off names of students who have ordered a lunch or just milk. If a student orders a lunch for a specific day and then is absent from school on that day, the lunch credit will not be carried over to another day or month or refunded to the family.
- Welcome letter from David Trujillo, Director of Nutritional Service, Murray School District:
- “The Murray City School District Nutrition Service operates kitchens in every Murray District school to serve an average of 4,000 breakfast and lunch meals per day. The team goal is to provide the best nutritional choices, while considering student tastes and preferences. District school meals meet nutritional standards set forth by the United States Department of Agriculture. Students are encouraged to take only what they can eat to minimize waste. District menus change constantly to incorporate new products that are low fat, less sugar, whole wheat, wholegrain and trans-fat free; also incorporating more fresh fruits and vegetables and never frying foods. We look forward to serving the students of J.E. Cosgriff Memorial Catholic School.”
- Please see the attached September lunch calendar/order form. You may download this form to order school lunch starting September 1.
- If you have questions, concerns, comments—please email or call Mrs. Hunt, Principal email@example.com 801-486-6933
- Please remember: All students will need to bring a home prepared lunch from August 16 thru August 31. School lunches and milk will not be served in August. The Murray School Lunch Program begins on September 1, 2017. Order forms and a check made out to Murray School District must be placed in the lunch mailbox (by the office) by Friday, August 25.
- Please call or email Mrs. Hunt, Principal with any questions regarding the new lunch program. firstname.lastname@example.org 801-486-6933
- Mrs. Hunt, Principal